Mission and Values
Bayshore's Purpose Statement
To love God and others by investing in reaching, growing, serving and giving.
- There is only one true God (1 Timothy 2:5).
- God desires to have a personal relationship with us and that this only occurs through His Son, Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
- We are to obey God and live by His commands (Deuteronomy 13:4).
- Our salvation is to be followed by baptism (Mark 1:1-13; Matthew 28:19).
- The Bible is God's Word given to us for daily instruction and is without error (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
- God sent to us a comforter called the Holy Spirit to guide us in our daily walk with Him (John 14:16-17).
- In worshiping God freely, but with decency and order (1 Corinthians 14:40).
- Our bodies are the temple of God and should be treated as such (1 Corinthians 3:16-17).
- We should not engage in activities which would cause others to stumble (Romans 14:19-23).
- In becoming disciples of Jesus Christ (John 8:31-32).
Bayshore's Core Values:
- We are to grow spiritually (2 Peter 3:18).
- We are to share our faith with a lost world (Acts 1:8).
- We are to communicate with God through prayer (Ephesians 6:18).
- We are to use our spiritual gifts as we minister to those who are in need (Acts 26:16).
- We are to be faithful in meeting together as believers (Hebrews 10:25).
- We are to give our resources obediently (Malachi 3:10; 2 Corinthians 9:7).
- We are to encourage one another (Isaiah 1:17).
- We are to forgive one another (Colossians 3:13).
- We are to follow God's leadership (Matthew 16:24).
- We are to show the love of Christ (1 John 3:11).
Recognizing the benefits of cooperation with other churches in world missions, Bayshore voluntarily affiliates with the Southern Baptist Convention in its national, state, and local expressions.